Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Minnie: and the pet snake

One thing you probably don't know about me, is I'm almost totally deaf - the old age is creeping in... I say almost deaf because I can hear high pitched screeches which is exactly what woke me from my afternoon kip today.


Here I was dozing in my comfy bed, basking in the afternoon sun, dreaming of the wild turkeys I saw over the weekend when Minnie should appear making a low pitched growling noise (I'm imagining that part because I didn't really hear it, but that's what Minnie does when she catches wildlife).  The next thing I know, the girl biped is screaming at the top of her voice as Min presents her with her latest catch - a live snake...  I don't think I've seen the girl move so fast, I didn't even get a chance to have a sniff but at least I have the photos to prove it.

By the way, I'm sure that the girl is going to tell everyone it was a enormous deadly python but as you can see, it was just a little one.

Off to calm everyone down and do a perimeter search.
Arns
XO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Arns, it's us again the NZ Boys! What a lucky guy you were having a snake to play with, we don't have snakes in NZ infact we only have one poisonous creature, which is a spider!! It would have been very exciting at your house, your Mum would have reacted just like mine, did you tell her she was very brave! Just to say we did clean our toys out yesterday, what a job, we both had a good snooze afterwards, we have just been told that we are going to the shop today to crreate new displays, that means Archie will sleep in the car all day, but I shall keep my Mum company & offer creative advice if required
Have a good day, Love Archie & Barney the NZ Boys